Gimli is home to the newly-constructed Gimli Community Health Centre (GCHC), based at the Johnson Memorial Hospital, at 120 - 6th Avenue. As well as modernizing and expanding the patient accommodations, the facilities for diagnostic services, laboratory testing, and preventive and palliative care have been vastly improved. The new facility also houses health-related organizations such as the Seniors’ Resource Council, and the offices of the Provincial department of Health and Family Services, including Child and Family Services.
The GCHC provides the following services and programs:
Emergency / Out Patient Department, Diagnostic Imaging and Lab Services, Chemotherapy Program, Dialysis Unit, EMS / Ambulance, Palliative Care, Acute Care, Physiotherapy Services, Occupational Therapy Services, Adult Day Program and Pharmacy Services.
- Hospital / Gimli Community Health Centre - General Office 204-642-5116
- Diagnostic Services - Lab & X-Ray 204-642-4519
- Community Cancer Program 204-642-4520
- Dialysis Unit 204-642-1616
- Child and Family Services / Public Health Nurse 204-642-6051
- Gimli Seniors Resource 204-642-7297
- Adult Day Program 204-642-4518
- Ambulance / Emergency Medical Services (EMS) 911
- Interlake Regional Health Authority website
For people with various health issues, Gimli has several clinics which provide Physiotherapy, Massage, Chiropractic Care and other related services. Gimli also has Dental Clinics, Optometry Clinic, Veterinarian Clinic and Pharmacies.
Older citizens may use the East Interlake Handi-Van service to get to their medical appointments and often obtain home emergency response alarms from the Gimli Seniors Resource Council. The Council also offers tri-weekly congregate meals and meals-on-wheels to seniors in Gimli, Winnipeg Beach and the Village of Dunnottar. Gimli also has a personal care home called the Gimli Betel Home Foundation.