Election Day is October 24, 2018
Senior Election Official
Daniel (DJ) Sigmundson
Every resident of the Rural Municipality is encouraged to vote in this 2018 election. Not every voter is able to cast their ballots on Election Day and a few alternate opportunities are offered.
An Advanced vote will be held on Saturday, October 13th at Our lady of the Lake theatre in the Waterfront Centre. Voting will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The address is 94 1st Ave., Gimli.
On Election Day - Wednesday, October 24th, 2018, there are several voting opportunities:
1. Arnes Community Hall, 20005 Arnes Rd, Arnes
2. Gimli New Horizons, 17 North Colonization Rd., Gimli
3. Winnipeg Beach Community Club, 32 Hamilton Ave, Winnipeg Beach
4. St. James Collegiate, 1900 Portage Ave., Winnipeg
5. Glenlawn Collegiate, 770 St. Mary’s Road, Winnipeg
6. Red River Community Centre, 293 Murray Ave. (just off Main St.), Winnipeg
Polls open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
Other voting opportunities include:
- A mobile vote at the Gimli Community Health Centre on Election Day·
- A mobile vote will be held for residents of Betel Personal Care Home, date to be determined
- Sealed Envelope Vote
The sealed envelope vote is available to all voters who are not able to attend any of the above opportunities. It involves a few simple steps:
- Contact the SEO by phone or email or Canada Post·
- Complete the application to vote by sealed envelope. Make a copy of your official Identification and return both to the SEO·
- The ballot package will be sent via Canada Post*
- Return your ballots before the close of voting on Election Day
In the case of local voters, contact the SEO to set up an appointment. Bring ID to the meeting and vote at the agreed upon location.
*Application to vote by sealed envelope closes on October 21st, twelve days before Election Day. The voter may choose an alternate delivery to Canada Post to ensure the return of ballots by October 24th.
In the event of a Canada Post strike, a courier service will be used to ensure delivery of mail.
Notices / Further Information Links