Arnes Landfill Site
Located on Lake Forest Road, 9 km west of Highway 8
| WINTER HOURS
||(Effective the First Monday in October)
||Closed Monday and Tuesday
Open 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday to Sunday
| SUMMER HOURS
||(Effective the Last Sunday in May)
||Open 7 Days a Week 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
||Closed on Holidays
Landfill Phone Number (204) 642-6680 or contact the Public Works Office at (204) 642-6688
All patrons must report to the attendant prior to disposing of your materials in designated areas. Note: all loads must be secure and/or tarped.
Bulk items are accepted at the waste disposal grounds and sorted as follows:
- Scrap metal, including appliances in the metals area.
- Grass clippings and leaves (bags have to be removed) in the compost area.
- Clean wood (not painted or treated) and brush into the burn area.
- Clean concrete (no steel) into the concrete rubble area.
- Used tires into the tire area.
- Used motor vehicle batteries into their own area.
- Used oil has its own collection facility.
- Un-recyclable items not specifically listed, including household refuse, wooden furniture, etc., are to be placed in the active waste cell.
ITEMS CONTAINING FREON
There are two options when taking old fridges, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers to the Landfill Site:
- Have the Freon removed by a certified technician and provide proof thereof;
- Leave the Freon in and purchase a dump pass from the Municipal Office.
Hazardous & Electronic waste is not accepted at this site and will be refused. These items can be taken to our Recycle Depot located at 292 Anson Street.
USED OIL COLLECTION
The Municipality has two locations to receive this
type of waste. They are located at the Arnes Landfill Site and the Public Works
Shop. The hours of acceptance at the Public Works Shop are Monday to Friday,
8:30 am to 4:00 pm. These locations only accept used oil (uncontaminated), oil
filters, antifreeze, oil and antifreeze containers (no larger than 20L container).
Residents are NOT required to purchase Dump Passes for household waste.
Contractors are required to purchase Dump Passes for Construction Waste, ie: shingles, drywall etc.
Passes can be purchased at the Municipal Office, 62 2nd Avenue, Gimli.
Passes MUST be purchased PRIOR to dumping at the Arnes Landfill.